If you have a tree with more fruit than you can use, fill out our online tree donor form, and we’ll try to get a crew of volunteers together to help you harvest it. Please give us at least 2-3 weeks notice before the fruit is ripe to be sure that we have enough time to coordinate your harvest.
If you are able to pick your own fruit and bring it to Good Cheer, that would help us target our volunteer efforts where they are most needed. Click here to see our donation guidelines.
What fruits are we looking for?
- Tree fruits, including: apples, plums, peaches, pears, Asian pears, and quince
- Organically managed or unsprayed for at least one year
- You are helping feed our community by providing healthy fruit to those in need.
- You’ll have less rotten fruit to clean up, reducing the spread of disease and pests.
- You can keep up to 1/4 of the fruit we harvest from your tree(s).
- Donations are tax-deductible.
- Tree owners are covered from liability by the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act of 1996.
Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org