Community In the Time of COVID-19
The Good Cheer team is grateful, humbled and inspired by the support that has sustained and lifted us during the recent months. Being able to keep the Food Bank open 5 days a week feels as much a gift to us as to our incredible community.
Langley Good Cheer Thrift Store is open every Wednesday and Saturday from Noon to 5 p.m.
Ken’s Korner Good Cheer Two Thrift Store is open every Tuesday and Friday from Noon to 5 p.m.
We will not be taking any donations at the stores at this time. Masks and hand sanitizer are required.
The Good Cheer Donation Center in Bayview is now open Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Masks are required.
See our Donate page for item donation details.
Our Food Bank will continue operating through our Good Cheer Shopping List system, 5 days a week, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Good Cheer’s eBay store is still going strong!
We’ll have new items posted daily and can arrange for either pick up or free local delivery on items over $50.
Good Cheer Staff & Volunteers
Good Cheer Food Bank is here to help people in need in our community…because of your donations!
Wondering how you can help in this national emergency? There are several ways to help both Good Cheer and the local community:
- Make a donation to Good Cheer Food Bank using the links below, or mail a check to: Good Cheer Food Bank / PO Box 144 / Langley, WA 98260
- Donate food at the Bayview Food Bank. The items we are most in need of are: canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon, Spam), cheese & yogurt (dairy and non-dairy versions), gluten free items, canned soups, canned corn, and personal care items. See our Donation page to find out where and how.
- Donate your Goose Grocer rewards points to Good Cheer or Island Senior Resources. When you shop at the Goose, just enter 360-221-0130 for Good Cheer, or 360-321-1600 for Island Senior Resources. If you can’t remember the phone numbers, just ask your friendly check-out person.
- Support local businesses! We are blessed with an incredibly supportive local business community and right now they’re going above and beyond for us. Useless Bay Coffee Company, Portico, Venture Out Nursery, Cozy’s, and Britt’s Pickles are just a few, and they’re all open (in whatever fashion they can be) right now.
- Support our partner organizations. Meals on Wheels, WIN, Readiness to Learn, Whidbey Homeless Coalition, and CADA, along with Good Cheer, are all working together to make sure anyone in need is fed and has a safe place to stay (we do this all the time, but right now the number of people who need help is up significantly).
Good Cheer stands ready to help our community.
Good Cheer’s innovative Food Bank is at the core of our mission.
We provide healthful food — including fresh locally-grown produce — to an average of 850 families each month. We need your ongoing support.
Our popular Thrift Stores provide affordable “pre-owned” merchandise to shoppers in convenient locations.
Join us for enjoyable bargain hunting among friends. Your purchases are the greatest part of our financial support.
We are very proud of the generous support we receive from our community.
Our history… Good Cheer has been in the business of providing quality food to our clients, and quality merchandise to our thrift store customers, for decades. Read more about our proud history here…
Our today… Good Cheer sees partnerships with our community as keys to our ongoing success. A fine example of that effort has been our work to develop a network of community partners to provide healthful, locally-grown produce for our food bank clients. We’ve been working since 2008 with the South Whidbey School District, and subsequently with Whidbey Island farmers, agriculture apprentices, gleaners, and hundreds of volunteers eager to get their hands dirty for a good cause. As a result, in recent years we’ve been able to provide thousands of pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables in our Food Bank each year.
Our Thrift Stores continue to attract eager customers from Whidbey Island, and from far-flung places.
Our volunteers continue to inspire us with their energy.
Our donors — individuals and corporate sponsors – continue their generous support.
Our tomorrow... All of us at Good Cheer look forward to a bright future, continuing our work with our community. Please be a part of it today!
- Fund and manage an accessible Food Bank
- Operate and promote successful Thrift Stores
- Involve the community as volunteers, donors and recipients
- Educate and encourage good nutrition through effective food preparation, gardening, and a variety of classes